Ply Sheet Installations
3 Shingled Layers of 40" Wide Ply Sheets
2 Shingled Layers of 40" Wide Ply Sheets
4 Shingled Layers of 36" Wide Ply Sheets
3 Shingled Layers of 36" Wide Ply Sheets
1 Layer of 40" Ply Sheets
1 Layer of 36" Ply Sheets
There are three reflective surfacing options that may be specified: (1) Reflective Coatings, (2) Reflective Minerals, or (3) Reflective Cap Sheets. Apply the reflective surfacing selected per one of the following specifications:
2. Allow the asphalt protective coating a minimum of 90 days to set up before applying the reflective coating.
3. Uniformly apply the reflective coating specified at the following rates per 100 square feet: M800 RubrStar at 3 gallons, or a Fields fibered aluminum coating at 1.5 gallons.
2. RMCG PolrWhite, White Ceramic Granules: Evenly spread 50 pounds of PolrWhite into the Fields asphalt specified. Apply the specified asphalt at the following uniform rates per 100 square feet: Cutback asphalts 5 gallons and asphalt emulsions 3 gallons.
3. RMPG PeaGravl, Washed .25" Pea Gravel: Evenly spread 400 pounds of PeaGravl into the specified Fields asphalt at the following uniform rates per 100 square feet: Ambient applied asphalt 8 gallons and hot applied asphalt 60 pounds.
Reflective Cap Sheets
Apply one of the following specified reflective cap sheets: (1) M69 Poly RubrCap, (2) F59 PolyCap, (3) M68 Glas RubrCap, or (4) F58 GlasCap.
The two primary installation factors for reflective
cap sheets are temperature and technique.
2. Prior to time of installation, unroll the reflective cap sheet rolls and cut into approximately 12' sections or thirds. Allow enough time for the precut sections to relax and flatten in the heat. Adhere the reflective cap sheet sections to the ply sheets. Keep the seams of the reflective cap sheets offset a minimum of 6" from the seams of ply sheets. The precut sections shall be rerolled just prior to application and unrolled into the asphalt as the asphalt is applied. As long as the reflective cap sheets are capable of being unrolled without cracking, application with rerolled cap sections shall be permitted.
Reflective cap sheets shall be adhered into the specified Fields asphalt. Ambient asphalt adhesives shall be applied at the uniform rate of 4 gallons per 100 square feet. Hot asphalt adhesives shall be applied at the uniform rate of 30 pounds per 100 square feet.
Copyright © 2003 Fields Company, LLC. All rights reserved.